Class 11 Employability Skills
Unit 1: Communication Skills – III
Important Question Answer
1. What is Communication?
Answer: Communication is the act of conveying meanings from one entity or group to another through the use of mutually understood signs, symbols, and semiotic rules.
2. How many types of communication?
Answer: There are mainly two types of communication. These are
(a) Verbal Communication & (b) Non-Verbal Communication
3. What are the learning objectives of effective communication?
Answer: The learning objective of effective communication are –
- Development of Interpersonal Skills
- To express effectively & with maximum efficiency
4. What are the 4 communication styles?
Answer: Every person has a unique communication style, a way in which they interact and exchange
information with others.
There are four basic communication styles:
- passive-aggressive and
5. What is the passive communication style?
Answer: Individuals who use the passive communication style often act indifferently, yielding to others.
Passive communicators usually fail to express their feelings or needs, allowing others to express themselves.
6. What is the lack of passive communication style?
Answer: Passive communicators often display a lack of eye contact, poor body posture.
6. What is the Aggressive communication style?
Answer: The aggressive communication style is emphasized by speaking in a loud and demanding voice, maintaining intense eye contact and dominating or controlling others by blaming, intimidating, criticizing, threatening or attacking them, among other traits.
7. What are the properties of an Aggressive communicator?
Answer: Properties of an Aggressive Communicator are
- issue commands,
- ask questions rudely and
- fail to listen to others